About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Monday, June 21, 2010

Periods. Yep, we're talkin' about them.

Yes, back when I had a TV, I too would look at a TV ad about a plastic applicator or some winged contraption and wonder just how it made horseback riding possible, and why women seemed to have such a problem with spilling blue water everywhere.

Nobody really likes to talk about this, but, as it is Women's Health Week, I decided I'd talk a little bit about the effects of periods on the female body.


Specifically, the blood loss.

There's an old saying that says "for every drop of blood lost, you had to eat 1,000 bowls of rice to replenish it."

Now, I doubt that's specific, or accurate medical advice; but the point was made that it was precious.
One thing I will say, is that the more blood you have in your body, the better it runs.  (and yes, I can see someone making a joke about the cool-aid man, but you know what I mean: Within reason)

If you look at any athlete, they literally have more blood in their body than non-athletes.  Its good for you.  Your brain loves it.

At Shinka, some females have told me that they struggle physically with their endurance or coordination as a result of their cycles.

There are theories on severe PMS, and its relation to anemia, (basically a lack of healthy, oxygen rich blood).


If you think about it, how irritable do you get when you're hungry, or thirsty, or lacking sleep? 
Blood is no different, its fuel for our bodies to survive.

So, if you happen to be a woman, and you happen to bleed every month, you might want to consider replenishing that lost blood.

But, aside from vampirism or walking around with an IV, most people don't have too many ideas on how to do that.

One easy way, is to ingest plant blood.

What?  Plant blood?  Am I going to turn into swamp thing?  (and if so, do I get to meet Heather Locklear?)

No, I promise.  As long as you don't get lit on fire, exposed to radioactive mutagens and jump into a swamp, you should be okay.  What plant blood is called, is chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll, of which I wrote an article about (see Elixir of Immortality), mimics human blood to such a high degree that, although it does not specifically do all the tasks of blood, it does allow your blood to run at a much higher efficiency.


Basically, think of Chlorophyll as a blood-assisting-agent, which helps pick up the slack for a lack of blood.
On top of that, it also helps with radiation poisoning, allergies, digestion and more.  Check it out.  Its yummy.
(and hey, worst case, you'll meet Heather Locklear right?)

How could you best encourage a blogger to blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment