About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Friday, April 22, 2011

Proud couple of weeks

The Shinka students have been in fine form this last couple of weeks.  Some notable moments were the speed and power a particular combo was done, and also, today's killer (ultra) sweaty day's class was done in excellent manner.

I love teaching, and its days like these, where the students come and give us their all that really make it worthwhile.

I love how the old saying goes - how you do anything, is how you do everything, is so true in martial arts.  When students come in here and stretch their mind, or their hearts, I can see their actual character improving.  Its something borderline miraculous to observe.

The dojo is a little sad that we're losing one of our sunny members to her homeland, but, she'll be back in July, so, we'll just have to cope until then.

I've been toying with the idea of a "review wall" for Shinka, where I post our classes for online review, comments, discussion etc.  One of our students made a new Shinka group on facebook which inspired me as far as location.

Ah, I do love how Shinka keeps me busy, proud and fulfilled!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment