About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Friday, July 1, 2011

Martial Arts Fitness | Fun Workouts That Help Us Lose Weight

Martial Arts is the most fun way to exercise that I know.

For me, I dislike going to the gym.

I feel like I'm "wasting" time lifting heavy things repeatedly and I find it difficult to "push" myself.

At the gym, my mind understands the benefits, but my heart feels bored and distracted.

With Martial Arts, my mind is engaged, my heart is excited, and I'm smiling.

Yes, at the end of class I'm exhausted and I've burned a ton of calories, but it was basically by playing, not by "exercising"

The next thing I love about martial arts is how it engages the mind, and makes one focus on the now.

But that's another article :)




Sensei Ono

No comments:

Post a Comment