About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Art of Martial Arts

Many people over the years have asked me why its called martial arts

The answer I tell them is that I believe there's a different answer for all of us as to why, however, my observations have been the following:

1) Martial Arts is using the body as an art piece, similar to competitive weight lifting, although, less based upon aesthetic form, and more based upon function.  What can I do?  What am I capable of? If I push myself, what can I truly achieve?

2) It is the art of creating a martial art itself.  The forging of all the various styles together into one style which one believes to be the best for them.  Like a chef looking for the perfect recipe, constantly combining concepts and ingredients.

3) The class structure and teaching of the art itself.  This transfers the art from oneself to another.  What can you get THEM to do, what is the perfect art for THEM?  How best to engage the audio learners, the visual learners, the kinesthetic learners and so on?

4) The art of self improvement on a holistic scale.  Meaning that Martial Arts becomes a vehicle for self improvement.  The ideology that how we do anything is how we do everything and feeling that, as we expand our ability to do Martial Arts, we expand our ability to do (insert goal here: business, relationships etc)



Sensei Ono

No comments:

Post a Comment