About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bully Proofing

So often, as a martial arts instructor, I get told by my students how Shinka has helped save them from the horrors of schoolyard bullies.

What I feel obligated to point out, is that violence is rarely needed in these stories.

As Shinka targets so many aspects of self development, all it really does is provides the child with confidence and aptitude - from that, respect is forged, and bullies back off.

From the simple ability to not be harmed by an innocent (yet threatening) situation in a schoolyard game, to being able to dodge things effectively, to being stronger, faster, or, in some instances, to being able to defend themselves directly against a physical bully.

I love these stories.  I'm going to start recording these stories to have in a sort of "scrapbook".

Sensei Ono, Shinka Martial Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment