About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Friday, July 9, 2010

Facets

There are so many facets to the benefits of martial arts.  And a plethora of ways to choose a martial arts school.

That's one of the reasons why its very important for me to find out which specific ones people are coming to Shinka Martial Arts FOR, as well as teach them how to choose a martial arts school.

Ultimately, the more information I have on my student's individual needs and motivations, the better teacher I can be for them, and the better I can help them reach their goals.

I mean, for some, having room to spar in our huge dojo is great.  Others care more about the fact that we've won all those awards (Richmond's Best DojoBest Martial Arts Instructor, Most Innovative Curriculum, Richmond's Biggest Martial Arts Facility and a few others)

I would say that most of our students might hear about us through the awards, but ultimately, they come for martial arts fitness in Richmond.

Sure, they still get the empowerment through martial arts, and hey, martial arts at Shinka is fun!  But yeah, they definitely want their six packs and awesome cardio etc.

Interestingly enough, many people are pleasantly surprised by the brain enhancing techniques we use, as their grades increase through their Shinka training.

Ultimately, sweaty, smiling, smarter is comprised of so many facets, that when people ask "should I take martial arts" I kind of chuckle.  I cannot fathom a reason NOT to!

Sure, if you were blind or in a wheelchair, you would need special martial arts classes - but EVERYONE should take martial arts of some kind.

Everyone.

The amount of benefit it gives your life is truly outstanding, and without comparison.

While there are excellent methods of self improvement, such as The Key to Awesome, I would say that ultimately, martial arts is superior in every way.

Sensei Ono, Shinka Martial Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment