About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Friday, May 6, 2011

The WHY behind our passions

I was inspired by a blog post of a recommended local Richmond acupuncturist, where he describes some of the seedlings of reason behind the passion for what he does, and, it occurred to me that there would be many such stories if one were simply to ask.

So:  What is the passion that drives you, and... why?  Where did the passion come from?  I know that for many of us, this question is a difficult one; a "I've always been this way" type answer is undoubtedly going to spring to many of our lips, as it did to mine - but there must be a seedling, somewhere, that drove us to this passion.

What was the first, "baby step" towards this burning desire to do what we do?  Was it simply seeing the results of doing it the first time, or, did we get inspired by someone else and say "I wanna do that"?

I'm curious as to what my own answers are.  I will meditate on this and get back to you when I get an answer.

In the meantime... what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment