About The

My photo
Sensei Ono, founder of Shinka Martial Arts, is a teacher and student of life. His passion for helping others and self improvement is the purpose behind this blog. -- "If your purpose in any way includes making the world a better place, I urge to you read, and share the knowledge."

Friday, August 6, 2010

Author Uses His Own Self Help Book to Cope With Stress!

(laughs) its true.  I read my own book, The Key to Awesome: The Step by Step Guide to Having an Outstanding Life to overcome challenges in my own life, and to grow.

I wasn't kidding when I said that every time you read the book you're an improvement since the last time, and you'll get even more out of it.  It's true for the author as well as the readers!

I'm prepping myself and Shinka for our POWD boxing event, which we are hosting.  Our richmond martial arts facility is a really, really huge martial arts space.  And it is going to be awesome.

(heh, although, to be fair, a lot of the students are as excited about the ring girls as they are about the fights themselves)

And, with any huge event, comes a little bit of last-minute touch ups and preparations.  I've found myself reviewing the pages on handling stress, and... oops, wrong link handling stress and it has really helped.  I think we all need a coach - even if that coach is a book one has written, that coach is still there for you and, as its in book form, its still impartial, and doesn't get clouded or stressed out by any of your current situations.

Also, I've noticed a growing internet buzz about The Key to Awesome: The Step by Step Guide to Having an Outstanding Life, which is really cool.  People I don't know are finding out about the book, and I haven't started the marketing campaign yet.  Good sign :)

I think it might even be on Amazon... let me look:  The Key to Awesome... tk2a... nope, not yet.

Soon!

Sensei Ono, Shinka Martial Arts.
Winner of:
Richmond's Best Martial Arts School
Richmond's Biggest Martial Arts School
Richmond's Best Coach
Vancouver & Richmond's Top 3 Businesses

No comments:

Post a Comment